Land surveyors are experts in measuring and mapping land. They use specialized tools and techniques to determine the boundaries, elevations, and features of a piece of property. Here are some situations when you might need to engage the expertise of a land surveyor:
- Buying or selling property: A land surveyor can help you determine the exact boundaries of the property you’re buying or selling, ensuring that you’re getting what you’re paying for.
- Building a new home or addition: A land surveyor can help you determine the exact location of your property lines and any easements or setbacks that may affect your building plans.
- Resolving boundary disputes: If you’re having a dispute with your neighbour over property lines, a land surveyor can help determine the exact boundaries and resolve the issue.
- Planning or developing land: If you’re planning to develop land, a land surveyor can help you determine the topography, elevations, and features of the land, as well as any potential obstacles or hazards.
- Obtaining permits: Some municipalities require a land surveyor’s stamp on permit applications for new construction or renovations.
Overall, if you need to know the exact boundaries and features of a piece of property, or if you need to resolve a dispute over property lines, a land surveyor can provide the expertise and tools necessary to help you achieve your goals.
To learn more about the work of land surveyors and the different specialisations, head on over to this page.